TCB’s 20 Most Read Stories in ‘20
The fate of American downtowns has, evidently, been a topic of keen interest over the past few months, and that’s reflected in our list of most read stories this year. Four of the 20 stories below pertain to the future of downtown Minneapolis and downtown businesses. Wrapped into these stories, of course, is this summer’s racial reckoning and the long-reaching impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic.
But that’s not to say Greater Minnesota has been left out. Our brief on Red Wing Shoe Co.’s Labor Day campaign landed among the top ten, while our pre-pandemic profile of Owatonna came in 16th. A story on Warroad-based door and window maker The Marvin Companies also made it on the top 20 list.
In a year that’s brought us nothing but surprises, we hope our coverage of Minnesota’s business community brought some clarity and insight. With a Covid-19 vaccination already being deployed here, we’re hopeful for a better 2021.
- Riots Destroy $30M Affordable Housing Project
- Downtown Minneapolis Will Come Back…
- Minneapolis Downtown Council: ‘Defund The Police’ Rhetoric Killing Deals
- Gone For Good: Permanent Restaurant Closings Pile Up
- Doug Baker Positions Ecolab For Post-Pandemic Future
- Why Are Shopping Malls Still Open?
- 508 Bar Closes Permanently In Downtown Minneapolis
- Red Wing Shoe Co. Promotes Jobs Over Boots For Labor Day
- The TCB 100 – 2021
- Edina’s Galleria No Longer For Sale Amid Pandemic
- Life Time to Lay Off 301 Employees Amid Pandemic
- Bachman’s To Reopen Amid Industry Confusion About Plant Sellers
- Marvin’s CEO Avoids Layoffs Despite Sales Downturn
- Is Downtown Minneapolis Dead Forever?
- A Storm Is Brewing For Minnesota’s Craft Breweries
- Owatonna: At The Crossroads
- For Freelancers, Questions Linger About Unemployment Benefits
- Minnesota Braces For Largest Unemployment Benefit Payout In State History
- The Firm Prepares For A Changed Fitness Industry Post-Pandemic
- After Riots, Business Owners Plan Next Steps