TCB’s 21 Most Read Stories in ‘21
Two years into a global pandemic that has roiled the world economy and driven sharp divides in an already fractured American populace, our readers were eager for some diversion.
That’s one possible way to interpret our list of most read stories in 2021. Topping off the list is a story about former fitness entrepreneur Steele Smiley opening a plant-based burger chain in Wayzata. In fourth place came another story connected to the fitness industry. Our coverage of the Dayton’s Project also drew a good deal of reader interest.
Still, that’s not to say that readers eschewed all things Covid: Our interview with U of M epidemiologist Mike Osterholm quickly cruised to the top not long after it was posted in November. And, as in prior years, readers turned to TCB for in-depth interviews with some of the region’s biggest names in business, including CEOs at Medtronic and Cargill.
Our plan for 2022? Continue covering Minnesota business news with a skeptical eye and a willingness to look past the headlines. In our splintered, digital world, we’re keenly aware of the importance of local news.
Here’s to a healthier new year. Omicron be damned!
- Plant-Based Burger Chain Set to Launch in Wayzata
- Too Big to Fail? Mall of America’s Next Big Challenge
- Dayton’s Project Opens to the Public Nov. 18
- Life Time Bets Big on Pickleball
- Closing Time at the Roller Garden
- Target Ending Operations at City Center
- Why This Minnesota Startup CEO Moved to Dallas
- New Medtronic CEO Maps Out Strategy to Accelerate Innovation
- Two More Minnesota Companies Added to Fortune 500 List
- Mike Osterholm on Covid’s Next Act
- Dayton’s Project is Open for Shopping
- Amazon is Rumored Tenant for New Woodbury Warehouse
- What’s Next for Burnsville Center?
- Delta Air Lines Executive Named COO of Catholic Archdiocese
- Lessons Learned: Cancel Culture
- Cargill CEO David MacLennan on Politics and Pandemic
- Southwest LRT’s Rocky Mess
- Report: Best Buy to Reduce Retail Staff
- Eclipse Advantage to Shutter Maple Grove Operations
- TCB 100: The People to Know in 2022
- Mini-Golf, Sculpture Garden Coming to Seven Points in Uptown