Nine Minnesota Business Leaders Win Regional Entrepreneur of the Year Award
At a ceremony at the Fillmore Minneapolis on Thursday evening, EY unveiled the 10 winners of its Entrepreneur of the Year Heartland Award, which recognizes business leaders in the Midwest. The Heartland division is open to entrepreneurs from Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota. This year, all but one of the winners were from Minnesota.
TCB is among the regional sponsors of the program. The winners will be profiled in the magazine’s August/September issue.
The 2022 winners of the EY Entrepreneur of the Year Heartland Award are:
- Dave Perrill, CEO and founder of Eden Prairie-based cryptocurrency mining infrastructure firm Compute North
- Subodh Kulkarni, president and CEO of Minneapolis-based CyberOptics Corp., manufacturer of 3D sensing technology
- Barry McCarthy, president and CEO of Minneapolis-based Deluxe Corp., a one-time check printer that’s evolved into a financial technology firm and reality TV production company
- Scott Lien, CEO and co-founder of Hopkins-based GrandPad, developer of a new tablet designed for older adults
- Christine Lantinen, president and owner of Plymouth-based candy maker Maud Borup Inc.
- Tyrre Burks, founder and CEO of Minneapolis-based youth athlete insurance startup Players Health, which announced a $28 million raise in spring
- Barry Nordstrand, retired CEO of Plymouth-based financial technology company Solutran
- Chris Metz, CEO of Anoka-based outdoor products maker Vista Outdoor
- Jason Von Bank, president and CEO of Golden Valley-based virtual fitness platform Wellbeats, which was recently acquired by a Toronto-based mental health company.
- Greg Siwak, CEO of Clayton, Missouri-based veterniary practice management firm CareVet
The winners were chosen from a pool of 28 finalists announced in spring. A group of past award winners, CEOs, investors, and regional business leaders selected the winners.
The Heartland winners now qualify for the program’s national competition in November.
Established in 1986, the Entrepreneur of the Year program has recognized dozens of business leaders over the years.