Walker Art Center Might Have America’s Best Restroom
Haven’t been to the Walker Art Center recently? Here’s a reason to go—and to stop by the restroom.
The art museum in Minneapolis is one of 10 finalists for this year’s “America’s Best Restroom” contest. The competition, now in its 11th year, is put on by Cintas Corporation, a Cincinnati-based maker of cleaning supplies and safety products.
The company collected nominations for non-residential public restrooms this summer. The 10 finalists were selected based on cleanliness, visual appeal, innovation, functionality, and unique design elements, Cintas said.
A public vote, taking place online through October 26, will decide the winner and a runner-up; they will be revealed at a national event this fall.
The rest of the contenders are:
- Liberty Market, Gilbert, Arizona
- Hollywood Bowl, Los Angeles
- Gitane Restaurant, San Francisco
- Mie N Yu Restaurant, Washington, D.C.
- Radisson Blu Aqua Hotel, Chicago
- Vanity Nightclub, Las Vegas
- Da Marino Ristorante Italiano, New York
- Buc-ee’s, New Braunfels, Texas
- Lane Stadium/Worsham Field at Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Virginia
To vote for the best restroom, click here.