2017 MN Cup Division Winners Announced
MN Cup, the statewide entrepreneurial competition, on Monday announced its eight division winners that will compete for the $50,000 grand prize.
The field started with 520 teams and has winnowed down over several rounds.
The division, the winners and the winner’s counties are:
- Energy/Clean Tech/Water: Sironix Renewables (Ramsey)
- Food/Ag/Beverage: Autonomous Tractor Corporation (Wright)
- General: Z Flow Pro (Dakota)
- High Tech: Starting 11 (Hennepin)
- Impact Ventures: Venn Foundation (Ramsey)
- Life Science/Health/IT: MicroOptx Inc. (Hennepin)
- Student: UnderRecruited Preps (Blue Earth)
- Youth: Green Garden Bakery (Hennepin)
Winners of the MN Cup frequently go on to continued success. Last year’s winner, StemoniX, a medtech company that is developing stem cell technology for drug-reaction screening, has been working with pharmaceutical companies and said the competition raised their profile. TCB named it a Company to Watch this summer.
In addition to the grand prize, there will also be awards for the runner-up, a woman-led business, minority-led businesses, a veteran-led business and those based in Greater Minnesota, among others.
“MN Cup is proud to help fit some missing pieces into our state’s entrepreneurial ecosystem,” executive director Melissa Kjolsing said in a statement.
The event takes place October 9.