Twins Add New Food, Craft Beer at Target Field
Baseball fans visiting Target Field will now have a chance to eat a bacon Sloppy Joe while sipping a Surly beer-or enjoy any combination of other new foods and craft brews that will be served at the stadium this season.
The Minnesota Twins, along with its concessions and retail partner Delaware North Sportservice, on Tuesday unveiled the expanded lineup of cuisine and beverages that will be offered at the stadium this year.
Here's a look at the new food offerings:
- Valentini's Mega Meatball-a cheese-stuffed meatball served with marinara sauce and parmesan cheese.
- The Preferred Pickle-a Minnesota State Fair staple, featuring deed-fried pickle chips served with a side of ranch dressing.
- Baked Potato Bar-featuring three varieties of jumbo potatoes-nacho cheese, cheddar and broccoli, and bacon and sour cream-and a jumbo yam topped with maple butter and crushed pecans.
- Garlic Fries-skin-on fries seasoned with garlic and parmesan marinade, a fan favorite at West Coast ballparks.
- Bacon Sloppy Joe-developed by The Food Network brand, featuring ground beef and slab bacon chunks.
- Buffalo Chicken Mac and Cheese-also from The Food Network, this macaroni and cheese is tossed with spicy buffalo chicken and topped with blue cheese breadcrumbs.
- SuperMom's Mini Donuts-powdered sugar, cinnamon, and cinnamon and sugar varieties will be offered.
- Stir Fry-a chicken stir fry in red chile sauce and vegetarian stir fry in a teriyaki sauce will be offered by Leeann Chin.
- Pearson's Salted Nut Roll-the classic candy bar with a nougat center surrounded by caramel and covered in salted peanuts.
The Twins have also partnered with B. Smith Olive Oil, whose olive oil will be used for cooking throughout the stadium's premium seating areas.
The new offerings add to the stadium's existing lineup of products from local and national companies like Pepsi, Schweigert, Caribou Coffee, and Angie's Kettle Corn. And many fan standbys-like Murray's steak sandwich, Turkey to Go, and Minneapple Pie-will make repeat appearances this year.
More local craft beers will also be available throughout the stadium, including brews from Surly Brewing Company, Fulton Beer, Summit Brewing, Finnegans, and Schell's. The 573 bar and lounge in the Legend's Club, meanwhile, has added beers from Lift Bridge Brewery, Fulton, Granite City Food & Brewery, and Cold Spring Brewery.
And through a partnership with Kieran Folliard's 2 Gingers, the former Twins Pubs will be transformed into 2 Gingers Pubs and will feature the Big Ginger, a signature cocktail made with 2 Gingers Irish Whiskey.