Seven Minnesotans Win Entrepreneur Of The Year Award
Minnesotans dominated at EY’s Entrepreneur of the Year awards, taking seven of the 10 top spots in the professional services and auditing firm’s competition for the Upper Midwest.
The London-based company selected the award recipients though “an independent judging panel made up of previous winners of the award, leading CEOs, private capital investors and other regional business leaders.”
In May, 25 people in the Upper Midwest—defined as Minnesota, Iowa, Nebraska, North Dakota and South Dakota—were nominated. Twenty of those nominations were entrepreneurial leaders in the Twin Cities and one from St. Cloud.
The full list of winners include:
- Archie Black, President and CEO of SPS Commerce (Minneapolis)
- Jon Carlson, CEO of Braun Intertec (Bloomington)
- Hank Harris, President and CEO of Harrisvaccines (Ames, IA)
- Jeff Gau, CEO of Marco, Inc. (St. Cloud)
- Atul Gupta, President of Advanced Technologies Group, LLC (West Des Moines, IA)
- Josh Hochschuler, Founder of Talenti Gelato (Minneapolis)
- Steve Gill, CEO of Talenti Gelato (Minneapolis)
- Christopher Klitgaard, CEO of MediRevv (Coralville, IA)
- Cindy Koebele, President of TitleSmart, Inc. (Maplewood)
- Bill Szlaius, CEO of Logic Information Systems, Inc. (Bloomington)
Additionally, Marilyn Carlson Nelson, the former CEO and chairman of the board for Minnetonka-based Carlson Cos., was presented with the Master Entrepreneur Award for “her extraordinary achievements, leadership and vision in the hospitality industry as well as her commitment to the community.”
“EY has honored outstanding entrepreneurs for the past 29 years,” said Todd Papa, program director of the Upper Midwest awards. “These winners are accomplished leaders who have contributed a tremendous amount to their communities, and we’re proud to recognize their success.”
Each of the ten award recipients is now eligible for consideration for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year national program, which will be announced at the annual awards gala in Palm Springs, CA on November 14, 2015.
The U.S. Entrepreneur Of The Year Overall Award winner will move forward in nomination of the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award in Monaco a year from this month.
Note: Twin Cities Business is a media sponsor for the Upper Midwest competition.