Medical Alley Names Five New Board Members
The Medical Alley Association on Monday announced five new board members.
The new directors all come from Medical Alley member companies. The new members are:
- Tom Lindquist, CEO of Allina Health-Aetna;
- Darren Moquist, CEO of UnitedHealthcare Employer & Individual for the Central Region;
- Asheesh Saksena, president of Best Buy Health;
- Dr. Craig Samitt, president and CEO of Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota; and
- Mike Spicer, president of the medical business at Cantel Medical.
In a news release, Medical Alley officials say the new members join the organization at a “critical time.” In April, the association announced plans to launch a “healthcare transformation initiative,” with the broad goal of spurring business model changes in the health care industry.
Medical Alley has lined up an undisclosed hospital to serve as a “demonstration lab” for projects and pilots emerging from the initiative, according to the association’s request for proposals in July.
In its RFP document, the organization said it was seeking a consulting firm to help execute the initiative.
“Over the past five years, [Medical Alley] has recruited board leadership from every sector of healthcare, representing leading organizations,” association officials wrote in the RFP. “[Medical Alley] has brought together a unique table of leaders that aspire to collectively influence the transformation of healthcare.”
The RFP closed on July 31.