ISES Quick Tips For Event Planners: April
With nearly 400 golf courses in the state of Minnesota, charity and corporate golf tournaments are prevalent on the event calendars of many companies and organizations. Here are some tips when planning a golf outing:
- Utilize the professional golf staff – From on-course games to scoring to best grouping practices, these folks are a go-to resource that should be utilized.
- Set clear goals and budgets – Many times clubs will have suggestions on where to dedicate your budget dollars and sponsorships that will help meet the goal of the event, whether it is a corporate employee, client or charity event.
- Prepare the volunteers – Volunteers are a crucial piece of any charity tournament. Be sure they are comfortable helping golfers who may not have played the courses before.
- Promote collaboratively – Work with the club to help market your event along with the brand experience. This is key to any successful event.
- Communicate clearly – Communication between the club’s contacts and the event planner/committees is very important. Be sure the correct information is being given to the proper departments for best event execution. Keeping a point person for each department is one way to accomplish this.
The International Special Events Society (ISES) is the world's largest community of event professionals with over 5,000 members worldwide. The Minnesota Chapter of ISES is comprised of leading professionals in every aspect of the event products and services industries. For more information on how an ISES professional can help you with your event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.