Bite Squad Expands to New Markets After Buying 17 Competitors
Bite Squad, the Minneapolis-based restaurant delivery startup known for its bright green-clad vehicles and staff, announced Tuesday the completion of 17 acquisitions—all for smaller delivery companies—that will expand its presence to more than 30 metropolitan areas across the U.S.
Kian Salehi, one of the company’s co-founders and its current CEO, said the acquisitions were necessary to scale Bite Squad and increase its market share.
“By integrating our premier delivery experience to as many customers and geographies as we can, we continue to achieve rapid growth and efficiencies,” he said in a statement. “Our platform was built to scale, enabling us to quickly integrate acquisition targets and leverage our operational excellence.”
The 17 businesses Bite Squad purchased include:
- 2 Dollar Delivery (based in Gainesville, Florida)
- 256ToGo (Columbia, South Carolina)
- 864ToGo (Greenville, South Carolina)
- Aloha 2 Go (Honolulu)
- Ashley’s Food Delivery (Sarasota, Florida)
- CafÃ© Courier (Columbus, Ohio)
- Chef Shuttle (Little Rock, Arkansas)
- Delicious Deliveries (Phoenix)
- Doorstep Delivery (Nashville, Tennessee)
- Foodie Call (Charlotte, North Carolina)
- FoodNow (Tampa, Florida)
- Gainesville2Go (Gainesville, Florida)
- Goodybag (Austin, Texas)
- Grub Cab (Fort Myers, Florida)
- Restaurants Express (Los Alamitos, California)
- Room Service in Paradise (Honolulu)
- Takeout Taxi Maryland (Bethesda, Maryland)
Bite Squad will tap into a number of new markets thanks to its acquisition frenzy. Among the largest new areas of entry are Honolulu and Columbus, Ohio.
Each delivery service Bite Squad acquired will keep its name, but now operate under the Bite Squad’s operational systems, the company said.
Bite Squad's fleet of W2-employed delivery drivers will also grow to the size of “several thousand,” the company added.
“We have already seen growth begin to take place in our new cities, and our technology continues to produce superior unit economics for food delivery,” said Salehi. “Now powered by our best-in-class ordering, routing, and dispatching technologies, our thousands of delivery drivers, and our commitment to customer service, Bite Squad customers across all our markets will experience a better, faster, and more consistent service at a lower cost.”