Nine Small MN Cos. Make U.S. Chamber’s “Blue Ribbon” List
Each year, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce recognizes 100 small businesses through its “Blue Ribbon Small Business Award” program—and Minnesota companies are well represented on the 2013 list.
Nine small companies within the state made the list, which the U.S. Chamber said represents “the 100 best in American business.” Six of the nine are in Rochester. All 100 companies will be recognized at the U.S. Chamber’s 2013 Small Business Summit in Washington, D.C., which will take place from April 29 to May 1. One overall winner will be announced at that time.
“The Blue Ribbon Award winners show that, even facing uncertainty and economic challenges, small businesses can grow and succeed,” U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue said in a statement. “They are America’s economic engine, driving growth and job creation all across this country.”
The Blue Ribbon companies from Minnesota, along with their headquarters and a brief description of each, are:
• Bumblebee Personal Assistants (Roseville): Handles a broad range of tasks for clients, ranging from in-office assistance to errands and organization to event planning.
• Color Glo International (Edina): Restores and repairs leather, vinyl, velour, cloth, and hard plastics commonly used in the automotive, aircraft, marine, and furniture markets.
• Corporate Web Services, Inc. (Rochester): A full-service Web development, marketing, and social media firm.
• Custom Alarm (Rochester): Provides security solutions to protect businesses and homes—and offers sound and media solutions that aim to help companies brand their business and more effectively communicate with their audience.
• Markit (Rochester): A marketing firm that provides a broad range of services, including graphic design, social media, creative writing, marketing strategy, video production, sales and customer service consulting, Web design, and photography.
• Sontes (Rochester): A fine dining restaurant.
• Stanley Jones & Associates (Rochester): A home care and rehabilitation outpatient provider that specializes in physical therapy, occupational therapy, and speech therapy services.
• Superior Service Center (Eagan): Provides mechanical and collision repairs for all types of vehicles.
• Xylo Technologies, Inc. (Rochester): Provides Web application, design, database development, and client server programming.
U.S. Chamber members and nonmembers can participate in the Blue Ribbon Small Business Award program provided that they employ fewer than 250 employees and had gross revenues of less than $20 million in 2010 and 2011.