13 MNs Finalists for Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Award
Thirteen Minnesotans are among a group of 23 finalists competing for the 2011 Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year award for the Upper Midwest region-which includes Minnesota, Wisconsin, and the Dakotas.
Upper Midwest region winners in various divisions will be revealed at a June 15 gala in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Regional winners from across the country will then vie for national Entrepreneur of the Year awards, which will be announced on November 12 in Palm Springs, California, at a gala hosted by Jay Leno.
The Minnesotans selected as finalists-along with their respective companies and the cities in which they are based-are:
- Chris Coborn-Coborn's Incorporated (St. Cloud)
- Duane Crandall-Knowledge Marketing (Plymouth)
- Robert D. Hansen-Electromed, Inc. (New Prague)
- Eric Hawkins-Park Tool Company (Mahtomedi)
- Jeff Julkowski, Killian Rieder, and Michael Flaherty-Chamilia, LLC (Minneapolis)
- Jim Loffler-Loffler Companies (Bloomington)
- Craig Kruckeberg-Spray Control Systems, Inc. (Blooming Prairie)
- Joel D. Theisen-AgeWell (Edina)
- Nicolas Thomley-Pinnacle Services, Inc. (Minneapolis)
- Majdi Wadi-Holy Land Brand, Inc. (Minneapolis)
- Paul J. Wagner-Minnesota Wire (St. Paul)
Ernst & Young provides assurance, tax, transaction, and advisory services. Its annual Entrepreneur of the Year awards program, now in its 25th year, honors those who are building and leading successful, growing, and dynamic businesses. The award aims to encourage entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and to recognize the contributions of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership, and achievement.