Academy of Whole Learning

Academy of Whole Learning

3500 Williston Rd.
Minnetonka, MN 55345
aowl.org
952-737-6900

 
Annual Revenue: $1,886,155.43 for 2016-17 FY
Total Employees: 30
Year Established: 2003
 
Mission
Academy of Whole Learning provides a personalized learning path integrating academic, social and life skills for students with autism spectrum disorder or related learning differences.
 
About Us
Academy of Whole Learning is one of only a handful of private schools in the world and the only one in the greater Twin Cities area that specifically educates high-functioning children with autism spectrum disorder or related learning differences.
 
We are a non-profit 501 (c)(3) school located in Minnetonka, MN.  Serving the Greater Twin Cities Area, Academy of Whole Learning is designed specifically to give students with high-functioning autism spectrum disorder (ASD) or related learning differences their first chance to succeed by integrating academic, social and life skills.
 
Our school was founded in 2003 by parents seeking a different educational opportunity after their child struggled to succeed in more traditional school settings. 
 
Our program is unique in its ability to offer a robust academic and social curriculum that encourages the development of life skills essential in becoming self-sufficient adults.
 
At AOWL, we know the underlying needs of students with ASD and other related learning differences need to be met before learning can take place. Our students grow and learn in a nurturing environment that enhances their self-esteem.
 
Giving Opportunities
Our tuition does not cover our total operating expenses – this is common practice at most private schools. About 79% of our expenses are covered by tuition and fees. The remaining 21% must be raised from individual and corporate contributions and foundation grants.

  • Partner with us: Support from foundations and businesses is vital to make sure AOWL stays EXCEPTIONAL!
  • Please consider supporting AOWL online at www.aowl.org/donate/
  • Attend our springtime Minds Of All Kinds benefit breakfast which raises awareness of our mission and raises funds for our programs and services. Visit www.aowl.org/minds-kinds-benefit-breakfast

 
Volunteer Opportunities
Through community partnerships, we seek to build relationships that benefit both Academy of Whole Learning and your business or foundation.